Talent Press, an initiative of Berlinale Talents in collaboration with FIPRESCI and the Goethe-Institut, is an international platform and talent developer for emerging film critics and journalists.
In editorial offices and workshops at the Berlinale and select partner festivals around the world, the participants of Talent Press work on features, interviews and longer essays about films and the film industry. Under the tutelage of renowned film critics, the participants also deepen their knowledge of current trends in world cinema and discuss new roles for film critics and journalists within the film and festival circuits.
Talent Press initiatives are currently held in:
- Argentina - Buenos Aires International Festival of Independent Film (BAFICI)
- Bosnia-Herzegovina - Sarajevo Film Festival
- Brazil - Festival do Rio, Rio de Janeiro
- Germany - Berlin International Film Festival
- Mexico - Guadalajara International Film Festival (FICG)
- South Africa - Durban International Film Festival